Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.
Simstopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting rid of CC that just won't budge?

3 posters

Go down

Getting rid of CC that just won't budge? Empty Getting rid of CC that just won't budge?

Post by Conorsim Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:22 am

Hi Very Happy

I've been having a lot of problems recently with creeping, unwanted CC, from worlds I've downloaded etc. I never used CUSTARD, ever, but I am starting to now. But, I have a massive pile of CC that I can't get rid of.

The CC is found in the launcher. I uninstalled and deleted most of it, but others won't delete, saying:

"~name of CC~: Error: cannot uninstall package with independents"

..and then the uninstallation stops, and the CC is still there. Now, I have perhaps over 20 of these CC that won't uninstall. And it s annoying me like hell. How can I get rid of them once and for all?

Thanks. Very Happy
Conorsim
Conorsim
Genius
Genius

Featured Member July 2011 Featured Member
Life of the Party July 2011 Life of the Party
Forum King or Queen August 2011 Forum King

Back to top Go down

Getting rid of CC that just won't budge? Empty Re: Getting rid of CC that just won't budge?

Post by Yorkchop Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:25 pm

Conorsim wrote:Hi Very Happy

I've been having a lot of problems recently with creeping, unwanted CC, from worlds I've downloaded etc. I never used CUSTARD, ever, but I am starting to now. But, I have a massive pile of CC that I can't get rid of.

The CC is found in the launcher. I uninstalled and deleted most of it, but others won't delete, saying:

"~name of CC~: Error: cannot uninstall package with independents"

..and then the uninstallation stops, and the CC is still there. Now, I have perhaps over 20 of these CC that won't uninstall. And it s annoying me like hell. How can I get rid of them once and for all?

Thanks. Very Happy

My game does this too. I've found that I have to locate which lot(s) in the world the CC is on and delete it in the game before I uninstall it from the launcher. Try this.
Yorkchop
Yorkchop
Excitable
Excitable

Back to top Go down

Getting rid of CC that just won't budge? Empty Re: Getting rid of CC that just won't budge?

Post by Conorsim Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:39 pm

Thanks for responding York Very Happy

But... you see... I never actually used the CC. So, if I do what you said, what would I be deleting? Sweat
Conorsim
Conorsim
Genius
Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkchop Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Conorsim wrote:Thanks for responding York Very Happy

But... you see... I never actually used the CC. So, if I do what you said, what would I be deleting? Sweat

Maybe I am misunderstanding the problemo, Conor. You download a world and it comes with lots that are furnished with some CC objects. You need to find out where the objects are in the world you downloaded and delete them from the lot(s) ... and then go back and uninstall them from the launcher.

When this happens to me, if I am not able to find all of the CC objects to delete, I usually uninstall the world and then you can uninstall the CC. Last resort.
Yorkchop
Yorkchop
Excitable
Excitable

Back to top Go down

Post by Conorsim Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:52 pm

Oh I get you now. Smile But.. the worlds in which I got the CC are long gone, I presume, as, at the time, I didn't have a notion they had CC - as I did not have CUSTARD - and they did not mention CC was present. But I do know better now. And it'd be impossible to tell you which worlds I got the CC Sweat I've downloaded so many in the past few months just for a peek.

Can anyone else help? I mean, someone who uses CC a lot - there are lots of ye! - and who know a fix for this? Thanks again, and thanks York Very Happy
Conorsim
Conorsim
Genius
Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkchop Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:58 pm

Conorsim wrote:Oh I get you now. Smile But.. the worlds in which I got the CC are long gone, I presume, as, at the time, I didn't have a notion they had CC - as I did not have CUSTARD - and they did not mention CC was present. But I do know better now. And it'd be impossible to tell you which worlds I got the CC Sweat I've downloaded so many in the past few months just for a peek.

Can anyone else help? I mean, someone who uses CC a lot - there are lots of ye! - and who know a fix for this? Thanks again, and thanks York Very Happy

Are you certain that the world(s) that contained the CC have been uninstalled? Maybe it's in a world you don't suspect? I get CC diseases from The Exchange all the time because I download so many worlds. There's never been anything I couldn't remove by uninstalling the world!

I hope someone else has a solution.

Neutral

Yorkchop
Yorkchop
Excitable
Excitable

Back to top Go down

Post by Conorsim Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:11 pm

I only have I think 8 worlds installed atm, EA's, some of mine, and that should be it. Perhaps one of Rflong's too.
But yes, they are most definitely uninstalled. But yet the CC remains. I don't download lots with CC - no way - I only download lots off the creators I know well and their builds.

I'm stumped.
Conorsim
Conorsim
Genius
Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by Caturae Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:19 pm

You may have to do it the hard way Sad Make backups of everything you have installed, and delete things one by one, checking to see if the cc is there after deletion. That way you might find where the problem cc is from, but it may take a while!
Caturae
Caturae
Schmoozer
Schmoozer

Forum Clown July 2011 Eye Candy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conorsim Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:55 pm

Sad Shocked Seriously Cat? UGH! Why didn't I get CUSTARD earlier...

Okay, so I have to back up my Sims3 files? And Delete each folder, go in game, and see if they're still there?

Can you go into more detail... sorry.. I'm just not into this whole CC stuff. Getting rid of CC that just won't budge? 3925848005
Conorsim
Conorsim
Genius
Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by Caturae Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:06 pm

To put it simply, back up your cc files just in case something goes wrong, and also to replace any files you may have to delete.

It sounds as if the cc is attached to something larger that you have downloaded - eg a world, or lot, and it won't go away unless what it is attached to is deleted.

Basically, do what you said - delete/uninstall a file, then check the launcher/ingame to see if the unwanted cc is gone.

You may not have to back up ALL your cc if you do not want to, just move or copy each piece individually before you delete them (in case they do not have the cc attached, then you will still be able to reinstall them if you have a copy saved elsewhere)

Hope that is explained a bit simpler... it may take time, but I don't know how else you could do it.

Have you tried scanning the packs you have with CUSTARD though? If you haven't, that would be much easier and may enable you to find where the cc is attached to.
Caturae
Caturae
Schmoozer
Schmoozer

Forum Clown July 2011 Eye Candy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conorsim Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:03 am

Okay, I think I get it now, Cat, thanks! Sweat

I will try the CUSTARD thing too. Very Happy
Conorsim
Conorsim
Genius
Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum