Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.
Simstopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was my thread deleted?

+6
Caturae
Archivist
DancingK8
Conorsim
brunettesimgirl
addictedtosims90
10 posters

Go down

Was my thread deleted? Empty Was my thread deleted?

Post by addictedtosims90 Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:14 pm

I don't see my Casey Anthony thread. Was it deleted? If so, can someone explain why?
addictedtosims90
addictedtosims90
Schmoozer
Schmoozer

Back to top Go down

Was my thread deleted? Empty Re: Was my thread deleted?

Post by brunettesimgirl Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:21 pm

It was removed. There were some users that felt this wasn't the appropriate forum for such a sensitive topic.
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Life of the Party August 2011 Life of the Party
Forum King or Queen July 2011 Forum Queen

http://brunettesimgirlsimmies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Conorsim Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:22 pm

Oh, I didn't even notice it was gone. WOW No offence, Addicted. I never knew of that story so I was kinda interested Was my thread deleted? 3925848005

But no harm.
Conorsim
Conorsim
Genius
Genius

Featured Member July 2011 Featured Member
Life of the Party July 2011 Life of the Party
Forum King or Queen August 2011 Forum King

Back to top Go down

Post by addictedtosims90 Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm

Hmmm... I see.. Well, thanks for responding. I didn't think it would be a problem. I saw a similar topic here, where someone posted about some recent news in Australia, so I figured I'd post about the most recent news in the U.S. (which would be the Casey Anthony case)

If anyone felt I created it to argue with anyone, that wasn't the point either. I was under the impression that we could all have a civilized conversation. Not everyone is going to agree with each other. Its ok for people to disagree sometimes and have a discussion. I apologize for anyone who thought it was too sensitive of a subject.

addictedtosims90
addictedtosims90
Schmoozer
Schmoozer

Back to top Go down

Post by DancingK8 Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:33 pm

It'd be kind of cool to have a debate section here, like on MTS. I do like a good healthy argument now and then pig
DancingK8
DancingK8
Excitable
Excitable

Back to top Go down

Post by addictedtosims90 Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:38 pm

Conorsim wrote:Oh, I didn't even notice it was gone. WOW No offence, Addicted. I never knew of that story so I was kinda interested Was my thread deleted? 3925848005

But no harm.

Well, thats kind of why I posted it. I saw Chatter post about a woman in Australia who had been found dead in her apartment after like 8 years or something. Well, I don't live in Australia so I had never heard that story either. So I figured, well if others are sharing stories about news going on in their country, I'll do the same. I thought I'd share some news for the people who DON'T live in the U.S. in case anyone was interested. And for the people who do live in the U.S, I just thought we could have a discussion about it. I was very respectful toward anyone that disagreed with me and made sure it didn't turn into a controversial or inflammatory thread. I had the best intentions, just so everyone knows. I don't think its really fair how some people can post about news in their country but I can't do the same. I understand this is a sensitive topic and a very sad story but its the most talked about story in the U.S right now, so it was the first thing that popped into my head. I'm not trying to start up an arguemnt, but just trying to explain why I created the thread so people may understand.

Anyway since we can't talk about it here, you can just google it. There is plenty of information out there. That's all. I just wanted to know why it was deleted so now I know.
addictedtosims90
addictedtosims90
Schmoozer
Schmoozer

Back to top Go down

Post by addictedtosims90 Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:41 pm

DancingK8 wrote:It'd be kind of cool to have a debate section here, like on MTS. I do like a good healthy argument now and then pig

I agree. I wasn't aware that we couldn't have a debate here. I guess I do now though! Smile
addictedtosims90
addictedtosims90
Schmoozer
Schmoozer

Back to top Go down

Post by Conorsim Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:49 pm

I'd love a little debate corner - ahaha yes, a healthy arguement is good now and then. Laughing

edit; and I don't think you were 'causing an arguement when you quoted my post above. Everyone has the right to voice opinions. It's not that we were not disrespecting your views or anything, but I suppose the mods thought it was getting tooo... in-depth and graphics? I don't know to be honest.
Conorsim
Conorsim
Genius
Genius

Featured Member July 2011 Featured Member
Life of the Party July 2011 Life of the Party
Forum King or Queen August 2011 Forum King

Back to top Go down

Post by Archivist Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:11 pm

Yeah, I was looking for the thread a few minutes ago, too. I thought the discussion was very civil (albeit passionate). But I guess it's dangerously easy for that kind of passionate ranting to spiral out of control, especially when two sides have opposing passionate rants and begin to repeat themselves to each other.

Also, we ultimately have to concede to the fact that the verdict was what it was and none of us really have any say, no matter how suspicious nearly every single detail of the case was. So I guess the "not wanting to perpetuate an unproductive conversation" factor might have also played a part in it being deleted.

*privately thinks it was my response about blowing up buildings and imaginary friends being mauled by bears that got the thread deleted*
Archivist
Archivist
Excitable
Excitable

http://archivistcomics.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Caturae Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:54 pm

addictedtosims90 wrote:
DancingK8 wrote:It'd be kind of cool to have a debate section here, like on MTS. I do like a good healthy argument now and then pig

I agree. I wasn't aware that we couldn't have a debate here. I guess I do now though! Smile

I think a debate section could be good as I do love a good debate. But there is a part of me that thinks this isn't the place for it, or that it could cause more trouble than the debating is worth!

Also, although your thread started out about the trial, it soon wound up being about America's justice system instead and I could see the direction it was going in may cause trouble.

Perhaps a rant/debate section of the forums would be good instead. That way people who don't want to view other people's rants or deep debates just wouldn't have to. But again, it does worry me that people would get carried away and it would end up causing trouble. I find that debates can too easily turn into arguments, especially online when you can never be sure of someone's tone!

But maybe I'm overthinking this scratch And Archivist, I'm pretty sure it wasn't because of your comments! Laughing
Caturae
Caturae
Schmoozer
Schmoozer

Forum Clown July 2011 Eye Candy

Back to top Go down

Post by Archivist Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:12 pm

Caturae wrote:And Archivist, I'm pretty sure it wasn't because of your comments! Laughing
Yay! I can still talk about my crimes here. Mr Green

Edit: imaginary crimes

Edit: NVM
Archivist
Archivist
Excitable
Excitable

http://archivistcomics.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DancingK8 Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:40 pm

I think the people here are generally mature enough to handle a debate...and anyway, the thread can just be deleted if it causes issues. I think it would be worth trying flower
DancingK8
DancingK8
Excitable
Excitable

Back to top Go down

Post by Kateness Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:06 pm

I don't know. I think having a debate section would be inviting conflict. I can understand when one naturally arises, but to have a section for it just doesn't seem like it would fit here.

I think I'm proving my point and demonstrating irony at the same time. Is that even possible? Razz
Kateness
Kateness
Schmoozer
Schmoozer

Forum King or Queen August 2011 Forum Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by MummyGaGa Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:12 pm

A debate section would have way too many fights in my opinion
MummyGaGa
MummyGaGa
Good Sense of Humor
Good Sense of Humor

Chatbox Addict Chatbox Addict
Forum King or Queen September 2011 Forum King

http://thesimhausofmummygaga.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DancingK8 Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:30 pm

Kateness wrote:I don't know. I think having a debate section would be inviting conflict. I can understand when one naturally arises, but to have a section for it just doesn't seem like it would fit here.

I think I'm proving my point and demonstrating irony at the same time. Is that even possible? Razz

Haha, just realized we're debating about the debate section.

but if we had a debate section we could do this there, just saying Shy 1
DancingK8
DancingK8
Excitable
Excitable

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackSand Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:36 pm

Archivist wrote:Also, we ultimately have to concede to the fact that the verdict was what it was and none of us really have any say ...

Agreed ... And then it would become a discussion and not a debate.
BlackSand
BlackSand
Technophobe
Technophobe

Back to top Go down

Post by SimmerE15 Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:04 pm

BlackSand wrote:
Archivist wrote:Also, we ultimately have to concede to the fact that the verdict was what it was and none of us really have any say ...

Agreed ... And then it would become a discussion and not a debate.

Are you in Stonewall, Louisiana Question Exclamation Question
We might now each other if so Very Happy
SimmerE15
SimmerE15
Good Sense of Humor
Good Sense of Humor

Featured Member August 2011 Featured Member
Forum King or Queen October 2011 Forum King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down