Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.
Simstopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Picture taking tips?

+2
DancingK8
Leggokatz
6 posters

Go down

Picture taking tips? Empty Picture taking tips?

Post by Leggokatz Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:00 pm

Okay, there are some amazing photographers out there! I was just wondering if anyone has any tips for taking good photos? I'm practicing and playing around with pose player but all my pics seem to turn out so dark... I appreciate any tips you all might have. Smile
Leggokatz
Leggokatz
Good Sense of Humor
Good Sense of Humor

Life of the Party October 2011 Life of The Party
Forum King or Queen October 2011 Forum Queen
Eye Candy October 2011 Eye Candy

http://leggosims.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Picture taking tips? Empty Re: Picture taking tips?

Post by DancingK8 Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:12 pm

Run your graphics on high, even if it's just for one game while you take pictures. I always change the settings on lights to "Bright>All Lights", that might help if you're indoors.
I'm not super great at taking pictures, but I always hate it when people leave skill meters and plumbobs in the picture. It's kind of distracting Razz I do this all the time, but if you have sims wearing skirts or dresses, try to leave the bottom of the skirt/dress out (like, when they're sitting) because their legs aren't visible underneath- it's like a solid blob.
DancingK8
DancingK8
Excitable
Excitable

Back to top Go down

Post by Kels Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:59 pm

The best thing to do, unless you're going for a realism shot, is to go into Buydebug and grab a bunch of the invisible lights. Place those as you like around the building to create more light with less fixture. I definitely don't have a whole lot of experience, but I know that much.

I also agree with Kate about the skill meters and plumbobs in pictures. Hideheadlineeffects on is the first cheat I use when going into the game.

Experiment with removing objects, too. If you have a sim interact with something, then move it with Moveobjects on, you do get rather interesting shots.

I'm sorry that this is sort of "Pictures 101", but like I said, I don't have a whole lot of experience. Besides, it's always good to review the basics. Very Happy
Kels
Kels
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by BimleSim Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:37 am

I just pause the game, find a angle I like, zoom a bit and then click on C hahaha XD
Sorry, but I have no expirience at all! Squee
BimleSim
BimleSim
Charismatic
Charismatic

http://hellkitten2204.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caturae Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:26 pm

Kels wrote:The best thing to do, unless you're going for a realism shot, is to go into Buydebug and grab a bunch of the invisible lights. Place those as you like around the building to create more light with less fixture. I definitely don't have a whole lot of experience, but I know that much.

This, a thousand time this!! Even with realism shots, a few well placed lights can make the scene a lot brighter so you can actually see what's going on.

Also, if you put one of the lights very near a sim and facing them, it gives them a nice glow for taking pictures. Experimenting with different angles near the sim is a good way to get different shots as well.

If you don't know about TAB then that's a good thing to use - it enables you better control of the screen so you can take better photos. Also, with moveobjects on you can use the Alt key to literally move your sim anyway, making them free of the grid. That includes having them pointing in any direction too if you hold the alt key when rotating them!

Composition is also key for poseplayer... experiment with different angles of the model and don't be afraid to crop the photo afterwards with an editing program. With poses, things placed in the background and attention to detail can help make a good photo as well. Blank parts of the photo will just make it appear boring.. so either place something in the spot (whether an object or a lovely view, etc) or crop it out of the pic!

Smile

There is also a lighting mod at MTS if you're looking for taking good pics outside. It creates gorgeous sunsets, and depending ont he one you use can either brighten up your world or make it the dark night a little more realistic.
Caturae
Caturae
Schmoozer
Schmoozer

Forum Clown July 2011 Eye Candy

Back to top Go down

Post by Leggokatz Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:10 pm

BimleSim that's pretty much what I've been doing lol.... Great tips everyone! I didn't even consider most of them, you all rock!! I'll post some pics using these tips as soon as I take some... Thank you soooo much! <3
Leggokatz
Leggokatz
Good Sense of Humor
Good Sense of Humor

Life of the Party October 2011 Life of The Party
Forum King or Queen October 2011 Forum Queen
Eye Candy October 2011 Eye Candy

http://leggosims.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kateness Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:39 pm

BimleSim wrote:I just pause the game, find a angle I like, zoom a bit and then click on C hahaha XD
Sorry, but I have no expirience at all! Squee

This is exactly what I do too! Laughing
Kateness
Kateness
Schmoozer
Schmoozer

Forum King or Queen August 2011 Forum Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down