Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.
Simstopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Good Morning" is apparently the new way of being "rude"?

+4
KierstenRaeAnne
BimleSim
Paige
brunettesimgirl
8 posters

Go down

"Good Morning" is apparently the new way of being "rude"? Empty "Good Morning" is apparently the new way of being "rude"?

Post by brunettesimgirl Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:49 pm

I was on my daily walk with my daughter this morning when I came across a woman who, apparently, thought what I did was rude.... Shocked

Every day (M-F) my daughter and I go for a walk. Today was a day I go for a 1 hour walk. I do this for two reasons, 1) to take my daughter for a walk, and 2) to get some exercise in. So because of reason #2 I walk fairly fast, and try not to stop unless it's on my own decision (to stop to get a drink of water). I also prefer, since our walk is in a residential zone, to walk on the edge of the road rather than the sidewalk...for the most part. Reason being that the road is smoother and more even than certain parts of the sidewalk. So walking on the edge of the road is not that big of deal to me, especially since this is a residential zone (in the 1 hour that we were walking, we saw Maybe 5 cars), and the speed limit is 25 MPH--which is, what? 40.23 km/h? for those that live in areas that go by kmh. So the speed limit is rather slow. However, there are some parts I would rather walk on the sidewalk because of the shade from the trees and this early in the morning the shade doesn't reach the road, so I will walk on the sidewalk.

Anyway, we were almost home, when I saw a woman up ahead fighting with her recycling can. She got that sorted out then was doing something else with the can. She had decided the best place to put these were right in the middle of the sidewalk, leaving no room for me--let alone a stroller--to go around. No big deal, I'll just go around by going in the street. We made eye contact as I passed her, and I smiled and said "good morning" to her. Her response? "I was moving the cans if you were just patient for one minute!" Wait, what? Did I just bitch to her about the cans being in my way? Did I scowl at her? No. I smiled and said "good morning".
"It's okay, I don't mind going around." I replied with a smile.
"Well, you didn't have to rush me."

Suspect

Am I missing something here?

I decided this was a lost cause to assure her it was no big deal and just kept walking.

How was I being rude? How was I rushing you?

I think I have the right to decide if I want to wait or not, and if I want to go around or not.

Some people...I swear. Rolling Eyes
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Life of the Party August 2011 Life of the Party
Forum King or Queen July 2011 Forum Queen

http://brunettesimgirlsimmies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

"Good Morning" is apparently the new way of being "rude"? Empty Re: "Good Morning" is apparently the new way of being "rude"?

Post by Paige Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:55 pm

Someone must have put salt in her fruit loops this morning. That was rude for her to think you were "impatient". Jeez Lady. Plus it was her fault for putting the cans on the sidewalk.. the sidewalk is for walking, not putting your crap on. This is why we have drive ways for people to put their crap on.
Paige
Paige
Schmoozer
Schmoozer

Back to top Go down

"Good Morning" is apparently the new way of being "rude"? Empty Re: "Good Morning" is apparently the new way of being "rude"?

Post by brunettesimgirl Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:03 pm

Laughing

Most of the people in this neighborhood put their recycling/trash cans on the small grassy area between the curb and the sidewalk. But yeah, my parents put their cans at the foot of their driveway. We don't have to do this since we live in an apartment and throw everything in a dumpster.
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by BimleSim Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:17 pm

Well its also your own fault. You could just have stopped saying goodmorning, then there would be no problem. !!! I'm just kidding. XD Maybe she just had a bad day? Idk C:
BimleSim
BimleSim
Charismatic
Charismatic

http://hellkitten2204.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:25 pm

I was thinking the same thing! No "Good Morning" for her anymore! Laughing

Maybe she'd prefer something more like, "gawd, get the he** out of my way! Don't you know I own the sidewalk!? And while you're at it, I expect a red carpet to be covering this part of the sidewalk next time I come through here. Gawd, commoners! Rolling Eyes Mad "

Razz

Laughing

Kind of makes me wonder what she would've said if I had waited.

Yeah, I'm thinking she had a bad start to her day, and I was the straw that broke the camel's back.
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by BimleSim Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:31 pm

You should had said that! Her face would probably have been priceless! Laughing

If you had waited she would probably had been like "omg, you can walk beside my trash, can't you see I'm busy!?" Laughing
BimleSim
BimleSim
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:35 pm

Laughing

She probably would've snapped at me to go around. I don't think that was going to be a win-win situation no matter what I did. Laughing
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by BimleSim Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:41 pm

Probably not XD
BimleSim
BimleSim
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

Post by KierstenRaeAnne Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:15 pm

Yeah..no matter what, sounds like the woman would have flipped her stuff either which way. Must of had a bad start to her day.
KierstenRaeAnne
KierstenRaeAnne
Good Sense of Humor
Good Sense of Humor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kateness Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:03 pm

I wonder if she was feeling guilty because deep down she knew she was wrong to have the cans on the sidewalk. So it was mis-placed anger.

Next time try getting all "Sims" on her cans and kick them over. Whistle
Kateness
Kateness
Schmoozer
Schmoozer

Forum King or Queen August 2011 Forum Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:31 pm

Kateness wrote:I wonder if she was feeling guilty because deep down she knew she was wrong to have the cans on the sidewalk. So it was mis-placed anger.

I was thinking more of rummaging them for "dirt". Twisted Evil Laughing

Then kicking them over...
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kateness Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:36 pm

brunettesimgirl wrote:
Kateness wrote:I wonder if she was feeling guilty because deep down she knew she was wrong to have the cans on the sidewalk. So it was mis-placed anger.

I was thinking more of rummaging them for "dirt". Twisted Evil Laughing

Then kicking them over...

You never know! You can find all sorts of stuff by rummaging. Ah, if only life were like the sims and you could actually find money in someone's trash can.

Look to see if she has a gnome or flamingo you can kick over too. Razz
Kateness
Kateness
Schmoozer
Schmoozer

Forum King or Queen August 2011 Forum Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Chatter Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:47 pm

Ok I'm imagining a whole pile of cans Laughing What the?
Chatter
Chatter
Administrator
Administrator

http://thesims3.com/mypage/MissChatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by addictedtosims90 Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:51 pm

What a miserable old fart! (The lady of course, not you) Smile

You should have ran her over with that stroller!
addictedtosims90
addictedtosims90
Schmoozer
Schmoozer

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:46 am

Chatter wrote:Ok I'm imagining a whole pile of cans Laughing What the?

No. Can was the wrong word. I was so mad this morning that I couldn't think of the correct word. I should've said "Recycling Bins"

these ( but there were like 3 to 4 of them on the sidewalk) and they're like 4 ft tall:

"Good Morning" is apparently the new way of being "rude"? Thumbnail

Laughing
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chatter Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:59 am

Oooh ok lol now it all makes sense Laughing
Chatter
Chatter
Administrator
Administrator

http://thesims3.com/mypage/MissChatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by McBean Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:45 am

I personally can't stand it when I say "Good morning" to someone on my stroll and they completely ignore me. Not even eye contact. It makes me sad. Like I'm not worth the response. I just want to turn around and say "I take it back! I hope you have a mediocre morning, and a ho hum day!" That'll show them, but really I can't be bothered. Instead I just stew about it as I'm pushed along.

I also hate it when I'm on the sidewalk and a bicyclist comes up behind me and expects me to get off the side walk so they can pass. Firstly, sideWALK. Secondly, it takes more time to get my attention when you ride up behind me, make me turn around (generally sort or startled) and then step off the sidewalk (slowly) as I give them the stink eye. Thirdly it is against the law to ride on the sidewalk where I live so I don't want to help you break the law. Next time, it's citizen's arrest for you...

Brunette, next time you see her you should make a huge point of going around her and apologize for disturbing her. Even if she is doing nothing and just standing there. Did I mention I'm rather spiteful...

Cheers.

Mcbean

Last edited by McBean on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
McBean
McBean
Shy
Shy

Forum Clown August 2011 Forum Clown

http://www.thesims3.com/myBlog.html?persona=Mcbean&month=07&

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:27 pm

I can be rather spiteful too, but I don't know if I'd have a backbone to do that. Laughing

I agree about the sidewalk and bicyclers (with the exception of kiddies, but even then...you are on a moving "vehicle"...you move out of my way who is on foot)! I'm not sure about all places, but I know in some places if you're caught riding your bike on a sidewalk you can get a warning from a cop. To them, you're on a moving vehicle and should be on the shoulder of the road with the rest of the traffic, especially if they have a bike lane and you're on the sidewalk...defeats the purpose of having a bike lane.
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down