Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.
Simstopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lots won´t upload

2 posters

Go down

Lots won´t upload  Empty Lots won´t upload

Post by annasommer Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:34 am

I think I have some bad cc interiour stuff in my game;

I have build some modern lots lately. They work great ingame, I can save them, too- but whenever I try to upload them to the exchange, i get a popup "uploade failed"

Now my question- any ideas how I an identify the cc that is causing the problem? It might be an item, it might be a patter... I don´t know...

Argh! I don´t want to strip every room one after the other just to track it down Crying or Very sad
annasommer
annasommer
Genius
Genius

Back to top Go down

Lots won´t upload  Empty Re: Lots won´t upload

Post by brunettesimgirl Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:23 am

I would try Custard to see if those lots are corrupted or have bad CC. It checks over sims3packs only. You can find it here:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=390235

After you download and open the file go to "file" and "open". The lot(s) you want to check before uploading to the exchange will be in your sims folder and in a sub-folder called "exports". The lot will show you the pictures of each floor then show you the CC you used on that lot...anything highlighted in red (bright red) is corrupted. You can click on the file name (in custard) and if there is a pic you'll be able to see what it is...otherwise you have to figure out what it is.

I would also suggest Delphy's Dashboard (if you don't already have it). This program checks your .package files whereas Custard checks .sims3packs. Same thing with Dashboard...any CC corrupted/bad will show up highlighted red. It will also tell you if you have CC that conflicts with other CC (which can cause lag/frame rate slowness), if you've downloaded CC for Sims 2 (which can also cause lag if it's in your game). The nice thing about Dashboard is if you see anything highlighted in red you can checkmark it and choose to delete it/disable it/ or fix it right there (so if you want to delete it, you don't have to go looking for it). Custard has a "fix it" option too (you check the item you want it to "fix" then choose "fix corrupted file"--or soemthing like that--but I've never had any luck with Custards "fix it" option.

Dashboard can be found here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=387006

But the exchange can be really picky about CC. I tried to upload my Ron Weasley sim to my studio the other day and it wouldn't go. And the only CC that is on him is the skin and I think one other thing. His file was only 14.62MB which is a lot smaller of a file than some of my other sims in my studio (and they have far more CC on them then he does), and he won't upload.

If you run those two lots and see that your items are safe, and it still give you problems with uploading to the exchange my suggestion would be to just keep trying to upload it.

You can also use these two programs to check CC you want to download before you install them into your game.
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Life of the Party August 2011 Life of the Party
Forum King or Queen July 2011 Forum Queen

http://brunettesimgirlsimmies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by annasommer Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:19 pm

Thanks Brun, custard really sounds like a cool tool- but not for my problem.

Just to clarify, the problem does NOT occur while uploading from the launcher to the exchange - I can not upload stuff from ingame into the launcher, so the file never makes it into the exports folder.

If that stupid launcher refuses something, I do exactly what you suggested- try again... and again... and again Laughing
annasommer
annasommer
Genius
Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:54 pm

Oh...my bad. Embarassed

I thought you were having issues with it uploading to the exchange. Embarassed

You haven't downloaded the Pets demo recently have you? Not that I've heard the demo causing hte problem you're experiencing, but with the issues it IS causing...ya never know.

brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by annasommer Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:56 pm

Nope, ahem... I am not interested in Pets DON´T KILL MEEEEE!!!

*hidesbehindbush*

annasommer
annasommer
Genius
Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:12 pm

Laughing I wasn't interested in Pets either, although I am now. But I'm not going crazy over it like some users on the officials. If I get it, I get it...if not, oh well. is the way I am right now.
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by annasommer Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:54 pm

I don´t think I will get it at all. Sounds more like work than fun to me *g*

Anyway, reason I am posting here is- the lot uploaded. And I have no idea why, because I did not start to clean it out yet... seems like I have been more stubborn than the game this time Laughing
annasommer
annasommer
Genius
Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:47 pm

YAY! So happy to hear it finally uploaded.

I might get Pets a little later because I want the horses more than anything. My birthday is in November, and there is the Pets EP coming out, plus Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 coming out 11 days before my b-day on blu-ray. Between the two, I'd rather get the movie for my b-day, and wait on Pets.
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down