Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.
Simstopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hair and nails "growing" after a person is dead?

3 posters

Go down

hair and nails "growing" after a person is dead? Empty hair and nails "growing" after a person is dead?

Post by MadameChung Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:56 pm

Well I'm on this chat and it has a Bot..well one of the bot's commands is !fact. Well I did that a couple of mintues ago and it had this fact: "hair and nails keep growing after dying". Well my book of Myths&Misconceptions AND my parents both say its an Ubran myth. But two people say it isn't (and one is only Is a year old than I, and the other one is around my parents' age I think). Snopes even says its an Urban myth. Every site I see online says its an urban myth. They banned me from 2 chats ..just because they want to think *they're* right??

They dare tell me not to believe everything I read??!!

Last edited by MadameChung on Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
MadameChung
MadameChung
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

hair and nails "growing" after a person is dead? Empty Re: hair and nails "growing" after a person is dead?

Post by brunettesimgirl Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:46 pm

You mean the hair and nails are dead and keep growing? If so, then yes....both are correct. Hair and nails we see are dead, yet they start off alive under the skin.

Or are you talking about they continue to grow after the person dies?

brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Life of the Party August 2011 Life of the Party
Forum King or Queen July 2011 Forum Queen

http://brunettesimgirlsimmies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

hair and nails "growing" after a person is dead? Empty Re: hair and nails "growing" after a person is dead?

Post by MadameChung Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:51 pm

brunettesimgirl wrote:You mean the hair and nails are dead and keep growing? If so, then yes....both are correct. Hair and nails we see are dead, yet they start off alive under the skin.

Or are you talking about they continue to grow after the person dies?

I'm talking about the latter
MadameChung
MadameChung
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:56 pm

Oh...lol....yeah I would agree with your book and parents then...dead is dead.

If that was true....any skeletons we dug up would have long flowing hair and extremely long nails! Laughing

I wonder where they got their resources from....
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MadameChung Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:03 pm

since my book and snopes, and my parents.. say that what it appears is fingers/hair growing is actaully the dehyartion of the body making the skin around the finger bed (and the head itself) shrink which gives the illusion of the hair/nails growing.

Its like when a tree is surronded with water and the water level drops its appears to be that the tree has "grown".. but in reailty more of its trunk is exposed.

So the ban I got on that one chat, a chat of a friend of theirs.. aren't really fair banns unlike the bann I got here before Christmas right?
MadameChung
MadameChung
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:42 pm

I have no idea what their purpose of banning you was for, so I can't really say it was or wasn't the same.

brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by annasommer Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:44 am

The myth that hair and nails are still growing derives from the fact that the flesh is retreating during the process of decay...
like that, dead people ( when dug up after only a short time ) appear to have wild hair and clawlike fingernails

I just watched a forensic talking about that some days ago
annasommer
annasommer
Genius
Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by MadameChung Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:00 pm

annasommer wrote:The myth that hair and nails are still growing derives from the fact that the flesh is retreating during the process of decay...
like that, dead people ( when dug up after only a short time ) appear to have wild hair and clawlike fingernails

I just watched a forensic talking about that some days ago

excatly and the two people I mentioned above stated that *that* fact was false.. and yet it was in my book.
MadameChung
MadameChung
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down