Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.
Simstopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you use third party CC? If so, you may want to take a look at this...Edit: also, the patch makes your sim...

4 posters

Go down

Do you use third party CC?  If so, you may want to take a look at this...Edit: also, the patch makes your sim... Empty Do you use third party CC? If so, you may want to take a look at this...Edit: also, the patch makes your sim...

Post by brunettesimgirl Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:52 pm

I've been reading on the officials that if you have 3rd party CC (specifically mods (including the pose player), and furniture), and you download the update, those items may not work anymore. Supposedly, the rumor is that the update adds a "rerouting" of some sort for the upcoming pets ep, therefore, rendering your CC furniture unusable. Mods obviously are going to need to be updated by the creator after the EP releases (I don't know why people are not understanding that...). CAS CC (skin, clothes, hair etc.) is fine, although there have been a few that say after the update some hairs were missing, but they were able to get them back.

Just a heads up for anyone who hasn't downloaded the update yet...may want to wait it out if you have CC to see if EA (or a modder---ahem, Twallan) fixes this. I know I'm waiting it out...that's a lot of CC furniture for me to go through when I don't even know if I'm going to get Pets to begin with.

Edit: also, the patch allows your sim to eat pet food. Shocked

Last edited by brunettesimgirl on Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Life of the Party August 2011 Life of the Party
Forum King or Queen July 2011 Forum Queen

http://brunettesimgirlsimmies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Do you use third party CC?  If so, you may want to take a look at this...Edit: also, the patch makes your sim... Empty Re: Do you use third party CC? If so, you may want to take a look at this...Edit: also, the patch makes your sim...

Post by KierstenRaeAnne Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:41 pm

Good to know. Thanks for the heads-up.

I wasn't planning on updating, but I was thinking about it. I will definitely be waiting to see more about these problems.
KierstenRaeAnne
KierstenRaeAnne
Good Sense of Humor
Good Sense of Humor

Back to top Go down

Do you use third party CC?  If so, you may want to take a look at this...Edit: also, the patch makes your sim... Empty Re: Do you use third party CC? If so, you may want to take a look at this...Edit: also, the patch makes your sim...

Post by brunettesimgirl Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:12 pm

Yeah I was just about to update, since I had been hearing it fixes a lot, excavating from WA for one--which is what sold me...until I saw the huge thread that stated it makes your CC furniture unusable.

I won't be getting pets either (or at least not installing it) until I know my furniture CC can be used. I read on the sites FB page, a person said they updated and all their CC was there and working, but he only said his pictures were working. Well yeah they will, since pictures are not something an animal would "get up on" like a bed/couch/chair.
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JEL52895 Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:11 am

The patch is out? Doesn't the game come out tomorrow? I'm so out of the loop. XD I can't remember when I last played sims... >_> Today I got an email that my Pets preorder shipped, I forgot I had even ordered it... ?D I guess I'll wait to patch... I can't even remember how to take out my mods after this long... Embarassed
JEL52895
JEL52895
Technophobe
Technophobe

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:13 am

Yeah it came out today.

I just move/copy my EA folder to the desktop when I update or add a EP/SP. I tried this yesterday...estimated time? 3 1/2 hours. That's how much crap I have in my game. Laughing
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:49 am

Just an FYI--Someone just posted that after they patched, their custom cars are no longer working.
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:59 pm

Updated this morning. CC chairs/beds and cars act wonky. Took videos...will post in a bit.
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JEL52895 Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:58 pm

I just got the game it in the mail today. I think I'm going to wait to the weekend to install, hopefully see if everything gets fixed...
JEL52895
JEL52895
Technophobe
Technophobe

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:14 pm

I've spent the morning (after installing the update) removing CC that it messes up (and CC I've notice I don't really use). I'm basically sticking to skin, makeup, hair, clothes and some objects. I went from having about 4,000 pieces of CC (combinedc .package and sims3packs) down to about 300 (unincluding the store set I've got to re-install. Thought about doing a clean install of all my EP's/Sp's. Seems like a pain in the ass...I don't know if I'll go that far.

I know of one CC creator that has closed down their site until they fix their CC, but I'm impatient. Razz
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MummyGaGa Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:39 pm

I could care less about cc objects. All I really care about is CC CAS stuff. I am not the builder. I am more of a combination of an achiever/storyteller. I installed pets, and I lost no CAS hair.

But those you do care about cc objects, I suggest you wait about a week. I am sure twallan will figure something out (he is like a mod/cc genius)
MummyGaGa
MummyGaGa
Good Sense of Humor
Good Sense of Humor

Chatbox Addict Chatbox Addict
Forum King or Queen September 2011 Forum King

http://thesimhausofmummygaga.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JEL52895 Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:37 pm

I just now realized... My small amount of CC is all CAS stuff anyways... -_-
JEL52895
JEL52895
Technophobe
Technophobe

Back to top Go down

Post by JEL52895 Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:55 pm

I put all my CC back in and am playing. ALL of my hairs are gone... -_-
JEL52895
JEL52895
Technophobe
Technophobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down