Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.
Simstopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Were women more powerful then people thought in the past?

3 posters

Go down

Were women more powerful then people thought in the past? Empty Were women more powerful then people thought in the past?

Post by MadameChung Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:32 pm

I'm just wondering since I know of a kids' series (well Girls' series) about different "Princesses" of the world called The Royal Diaries.

and it shows:

Cleopatra VII
Eleanor of Aquatine
Isabelle of Castille
Elizabeth I
Mary Queen of Scots
Mary Antoinette
Queen Victoria
and Anastasia

there are also a few lesser known princesses
Nzingha
Kaiulani
Lady of Ch'iao Kuo:
Sŏndŏk (this one's my fav. because of my family history)
Jahanara
Kristina
Weetamoo: Heart of the Pocassets, Massachusetts-Rhode Island, 1653 by Patricia Clark Smith (2003)
Lady of Palenque: Flower of Bacal, Mesoamerica, A.D. 749 by Anna Kirwan (2004)
Kazunomiya: Prisoner of Heaven, Japan, 1858 by Kathryn Lasky (2004)
Anacaona: Golden Flower, Haiti, 1490 by Edwidge Danticat (2005)
Catherine:
and a different Elizabeth
MadameChung
MadameChung
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

Were women more powerful then people thought in the past? Empty Re: Were women more powerful then people thought in the past?

Post by brunettesimgirl Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:58 pm

Yes. That's why they made history and we know about them now.

brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Life of the Party August 2011 Life of the Party
Forum King or Queen July 2011 Forum Queen

http://brunettesimgirlsimmies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Were women more powerful then people thought in the past? Empty Re: Were women more powerful then people thought in the past?

Post by MadameChung Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:09 pm

Did you know Isabelle of Castille is the mother of Henry VIII's first wife? (also the person who started the well know Inquisition I think)
MadameChung
MadameChung
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:12 pm

I did not.

Edit: come to Simstopia...learn something. Razz
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Life of the Party August 2011 Life of the Party
Forum King or Queen July 2011 Forum Queen

http://brunettesimgirlsimmies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MadameChung Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:07 pm

and those stories take you around the world at different time periods
MadameChung
MadameChung
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

Post by BimleSim Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:28 am

That is a lot of names, that I don't know anything about. Laughing
BimleSim
BimleSim
Charismatic
Charismatic

http://hellkitten2204.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MadameChung Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:38 am

Celoptra VIII is the one who committed suicide via a snake.

Eleanor of Aquatine was the wife of Henry II and mom of Richard the Lion Heart and Prince/King John (also known as John 'Lackland')

Isabelle of Castille if you ever heard of Ferdinand of Argon..Isabelle of Castille is his wife. (Isabelle is the one responsible for funding Christopher Columbus's journey)

Don't need to tell you about Elizabeth I..
Marie Anottie queen who literally lost HER head.
Queen Victoria I don't need to tell you.
Anastasia?

MadameChung
MadameChung
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

Post by MadameChung Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:17 am

Nzingha (there's two stories about her. One is she was supposedly born with the umbicall cord around her neck, which traditionally was a sign that she would be proud and haughty, a wise woman told her mom that she, Nzinga would one day be Queen of their culture. The other story is she went to do negotiations with the Portuguese Governor but the Governor didn't give her chair to sit on, only a floor mat, and that was in her culture, for the lowest class people, so she order a servant to sit on the floor and she sat on the servant) from the area of Africa called "Angola"

Kaiulani (is the last Hawaiian princess) probably the only princess who wanted to be in the spotlight. she would have became Queen had their not been an overthrow of the Hawaiian throne.

Lady of Ch'iao Kuo: southern China The Lady of Ch'iao Kuo (Qiao Guo) lived in the Sui Dynasty's time, in Southern China, where her tribe, the Hsien (the medieval Chinese word for "Hsi", or "Xi") had their heavily forested lands treated like an exile place for prisoners, who intermarried with natives.

The Lady of Ch'iao Kuo (Qiao Guo) lived in the Sui Dynasty's time, in Southern China, where her tribe, the Hsien (the medieval Chinese word for "Hsi", or "Xi") had their heavily forested lands treated like an exile place for prisoners, who intermarried with natives.[citation needed]

Sondok (Korea)
A legend about her is that one year, her father got seeds and a painting of the flower which the seeds would become, and Sondok remarked that the flower didn't smell, which would have meant birds&bees in the painting.

another legend it is said that Seondeok once heard a horde of white frogs croaking by the Jade Gate pond in the winter. She interpreted this as an impending attack from the Kingdom of Baekje (the croaking frogs were seen as angry soldiers) in the northwest of Silla (white symbolized the west in astronomy) at the Women's Valley (the Jade Gate was associated with women). When she sent her generals to the Women's Valley, they were able to capture two thousand Baekje soldiers.

Jahanara -she brought her father out of mourning after the death of her mother. There is a legend that says she read to one of her brothers (two brothers had been taken away from the family by their father's step-mother--the snake), when the brother had been ill after both brothers had been returned. One day the brother asked her if she would support him as Emperor. She said that the one brother would not be emperor and that made the brother angry.

Kristina she is known as the Girl King, she was brought up like a Prince, and not a Princess. But at birth they had mistaken her for a boy since she was so hairy.
MadameChung
MadameChung
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down