Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.
Simstopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I'm super new. What to do....? *deep thought*

+5
Purple_Penguin00
brunettesimgirl
Wizzlebee
miktiger
thechulaaaa
9 posters

Go down

So I'm super new. What to do....? *deep thought* Empty So I'm super new. What to do....? *deep thought*

Post by thechulaaaa Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Hey huys, I'm new here and don't know what to do now. I read some roleplay which was pretty cool, makes me wish I had my Sims 3 downloaded, but this is a family computer and and I'm not allowed --____--* but I'm saving money for a computer of my own,

**ANY SUGGESTIONS* as to what computer is semi-low in cost and runs TS3 smoothly? Laptop preferably, but desktop is okay. I'm going off to college in January so yeah that's why I'd like a laptop.

Well, yeah, someone should simify my, it would be greatly appriciated if they did, I can email someone a picture of me ;]
thechulaaaa
thechulaaaa
Shy
Shy

Back to top Go down

So I'm super new. What to do....? *deep thought* Empty Re: So I'm super new. What to do....? *deep thought*

Post by miktiger Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:46 pm

Welcome to the Simstopia! You'll love it here. Very Happy

As for a simming laptop, I have this laptop, it's able to run sims 3 and all the expansion packs and over 4 gigs of CC on the highest settings very well. It also runs very well with really any other game. I've played Portal 2, Alice: Madness Returns, and many other games without anything crashing or lagging. I highly recommend it.
miktiger
miktiger

Location : BEFORE THE PARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADE PASSES BYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!

Back to top Go down

So I'm super new. What to do....? *deep thought* Empty Re: So I'm super new. What to do....? *deep thought*

Post by thechulaaaa Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:48 pm

Which laptop?
thechulaaaa
thechulaaaa
Shy
Shy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzlebee Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:55 pm

I have an HP Pavilion DV6 and run graphics on Medium, all Eps and Sps and a TON of CC and it run awesome
Wizzlebee
Wizzlebee
Good Sense of Humor
Good Sense of Humor

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:59 pm

So I'm super new. What to do....? *deep thought* 2120589027

Hope you have fun here.

I not very computer savvy when it comes to buying a computer with good specs. I can only tell you what I know. Razz Which isn't much. Laughing

I play my sims 3 game on a Toshiba Satellite L505 laptop. I got it at Best Buy for $550 (I think they price has dropped on it since I bought it in early 2010). It does alright. I had to add more RAM to it though last Winter, and it looks like I'll either need to add more, or get an external harddrive (I have an overload of pictures of my daughter on here that is taking up a lot of memory). The game ran okay on it when I first got it (it will do what it needs to if you don't overload it with CC--which I did). I found some tricks to reduce lag and now it run really nice. The battery life is only about 3 hours however, so I usually leave it plugged in for the most part. The graphic card on this machine is okay. My biggest complaint with the laptops graphics card is that it does't show metalic shine. So if a pole is suppose to be reflective...it will show up as "matte" instead.

Example:

This is a pic of Luxury Spa Set that is on the Officials store:
So I'm super new. What to do....? *deep thought* Thumbnail_688x336

Notice how the fireplace looks...all shiney?

Well that same fireplace looks like this on the Toshiba:
So I'm super new. What to do....? *deep thought* Qwzkap

So yeah...that's my biggest complaint. *forgot to mention..that pic was with the setting on high in the game. Sad

http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops/satellite/l500/L505-ES5018/
^my laptop (also cannot find it on the Best Buy site, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are no longer selling it there)

Last edited by brunettesimgirl on Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Life of the Party August 2011 Life of the Party
Forum King or Queen July 2011 Forum Queen

http://brunettesimgirlsimmies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thechulaaaa Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:00 pm

Do you reccomend buying it from a big company like Best Buy, Brandsmart, or a small business, or directly from the internet? Sorry about all these questions ;]
thechulaaaa
thechulaaaa
Shy
Shy

Back to top Go down

Post by thechulaaaa Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:04 pm

AHHHHH! Brunettesimgirl!! ;] Lol, sorry, I just realized I only found this website because i saw your signature on the offical sims 3 website on a simalr post, but it looked inactive and you never left a link on which computer you had. Dang that fire place is a mood bummer! ;]
thechulaaaa
thechulaaaa
Shy
Shy

Back to top Go down

Post by thechulaaaa Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:05 pm

You can't even tweak the colors of it? To where it's like a silverish gray? Or is what you see what you get?
thechulaaaa
thechulaaaa
Shy
Shy

Back to top Go down

Post by miktiger Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:06 pm

thechulaaaa wrote:Which laptop?

Oh sorry! I forgot to mention to click the word 'this' to take you to the laptop. Sorry, I'm an hmtl nerd, and use it all the time xD
miktiger
miktiger

Location : BEFORE THE PARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADE PASSES BYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:07 pm

I honestly don't think it really matters where you buy it as long as they have a good return policy, warranty, price etc.

I'm getting ready, after Christmas, to get either a second laptop (preferably a gaming laptop) or a desktop. I'm taking my time this time. Comparing company policies, prices and what they can offer me. As well as comparing computers...

I don't think I would buy a laptop (or any electronics) from an internet company other than a well known place like Amazon, but that's just me.

Oh lol...no my account on the officials is active, but I spend most of time there lurking,

Or
So I'm super new. What to do....? *deep thought* 3925848005
here.

You can tweak the color on the fireplace, but it won't look like it does in the pic with the set. It sucks.

I have my game open...I'll show you real quick....

Last edited by brunettesimgirl on Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple_Penguin00 Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:08 pm

welcome! my laptop works fine but sims keeps killing it, there is so much work just to get it to play D:
Purple_Penguin00
Purple_Penguin00

Forum Clown October 2011 Forum Clown

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rachels-Media/262412687135256

Back to top Go down

Post by thechulaaaa Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:16 pm

miktiger wrote:
thechulaaaa wrote:Which laptop?

Oh sorry! I forgot to mention to click the word 'this' to take you to the laptop. Sorry, I'm an hmtl nerd, and use it all the time xD

Lol, it's fine, I didnt see it high lighted. ;]
thechulaaaa
thechulaaaa
Shy
Shy

Back to top Go down

Post by thechulaaaa Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:18 pm

And your personal opinion, how is the downloading of extra features, such as the ones from sims 3 offical website, I'm not even sure if theres anywhere else to get them..... o.O
thechulaaaa
thechulaaaa
Shy
Shy

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:22 pm

Okay, so this is what the fireplace looks untouched directly out of build mode.

Click on the pics to see a bigger pic.

So I'm super new. What to do....? *deep thought* Before

You can see the metals in the CAS window on the right.

Then I lightened the metals to a light grey and this is what it looks like now.

So I'm super new. What to do....? *deep thought* Lighter

^see? No reflective shine. Sad Crying Laughing

Sims look pretty good though, I took a quick pic of my simself (untouched/unedited)

So I'm super new. What to do....? *deep thought* Simself-1

It's just that reflective shine that stinks on this machine. Part of the reason I want to get a desktop with a better graphics card (or a gaming laptop--which this isn't Razz )
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SimmerE15 Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:44 pm

Hello Very Happy
Nice to meet 'cha Razz
Hope to see you some more Laughing
SimmerE15
SimmerE15
Good Sense of Humor
Good Sense of Humor

Featured Member August 2011 Featured Member
Forum King or Queen October 2011 Forum King

Back to top Go down

Post by thechulaaaa Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:05 pm

SimmerE15 wrote:Hello Very Happy
Nice to meet 'cha Razz
Hope to see you some more Laughing

Lol, I hope so too! ;]
thechulaaaa
thechulaaaa
Shy
Shy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conorsim Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:19 pm

Welcome!! Always good to see a new member So I'm super new. What to do....? *deep thought* 2120589027 So I'm super new. What to do....? *deep thought* 1710420815

And sorry, I can't recommend a laptop. I don't use one. Plus, I'm tech-intolerant. Sweat
Conorsim
Conorsim
Genius
Genius

Featured Member July 2011 Featured Member
Life of the Party July 2011 Life of the Party
Forum King or Queen August 2011 Forum King

Back to top Go down

Post by thechulaaaa Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:44 pm

Lol, that's okay, but thanks anyways Very Happy
thechulaaaa
thechulaaaa
Shy
Shy

Back to top Go down

Post by hag1TSOTSO Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:56 pm

So I'm super new. What to do....? *deep thought* Welcome

Welcome and I hope you enjoy your time here. Very Happy As for a laptop I don't know of any that are relatively cheap. I used to use a custom Alienware laptop that ran Windows XP (it was pretty expensive), but I found that my game ran better when I put it onto my desktop computer, which is an eMachines one with Windows Vista. These surpassed the minimum requirements. I'm not a computer expert, but the more towards the minimum system requirements it has then the lower you'll probably have to have your graphics settings.
hag1TSOTSO
Schmoozer
Schmoozer

Forum Clown September 2011 Forum Clown

http://http//hag1tsotso.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RonaldFuckingKnox Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:18 am

WeceomneL~

For laptops, I only use a normal mac.
So I'm super new. What to do....? *deep thought* Big-mac
RonaldFuckingKnox
RonaldFuckingKnox
Technophobe
Technophobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down