Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Simstopia
Hello and Welcome to Simstopia! Feel free to create an account, but if you already have one, welcome back.
Simstopia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

here is an idea.

3 posters

Go down

here is an idea. Empty here is an idea.

Post by MadameChung Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:34 pm

There could be a life-skill "class" where sim teens could gain cooking skill. But at some point if a sim teen takes that class. They would bring home a sim-baby doll. and unlike the real sim-babies we wouldn't be able to click on it to figure out its needs since it wouldn't have an icon.
MadameChung
MadameChung
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

here is an idea. Empty Re: here is an idea.

Post by brunettesimgirl Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:57 pm

We called it "Home Economics", and I think this is a great idea you have. 100% agree! Clapping
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Life of the Party August 2011 Life of the Party
Forum King or Queen July 2011 Forum Queen

http://brunettesimgirlsimmies.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MadameChung Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:06 am

since it couldn't change the rating and it might just discourage the you-know-what threads. The teens would only get it for a sim-week.
MadameChung
MadameChung
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

Post by miktiger Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:10 am

What BSG said, except we call it Family Consumer Science. But I like the idea. Very Happy

And what threads? I haven't been on the officials since a few moths ago. Razz
miktiger
miktiger

Location : BEFORE THE PARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADE PASSES BYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!

Back to top Go down

Post by MadameChung Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:35 am

oh there is a certain subject that is taboo on the officials since it could change the rating to an "M" that has to do with (female) teens. What female teens are doing to get onto THAT show?
MadameChung
MadameChung
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:00 pm

I can't imagine this would raise the rating since it would only be a doll, sure the teen with the doll would be "caring" for it like a baby, but no more so than a babysitter would with a baby/toddler/child.

I know there would be those who would get their panties in a bunch over it and find a way to bitch about it, but if the teen is only using a doll, I don't think it would/should raise the rating.

brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MadameChung Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:29 pm

since in my province (Ontario) the kids who get the RLF version of the doll are in the 16 range (which I always assume is the age of the sim teens..since If I'm right. 16 is the age that teens learn to drive cars)
MadameChung
MadameChung
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Yeah, 16 is about right (although here I think they can get their learner's permit when they're 15--I wouldn't know...I didn't get mine until I was 18 Shocked )
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MadameChung Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:01 pm

DO I dare make this into a topic on the officials? Since Jarise9 said this last night when I suggested it on a thread:

No, you are right, it isn't, but as I commented back to you privately, I feel it skirts the issue of teen pregnancy, and I have a strong feeling that *if* EA were to put this idea into the game, there would be those that would be demanding that it be a real baby, and would not be happy that it was just a doll.

Sometimes, what seems like a good idea in theory, may turn out to be not so good when put into practice.
MadameChung
MadameChung
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:09 pm

She raises a interesting theory, and I do agree with her when she says that there will be people, IF EA were to add this to the game, that would want it to be a real baby...but there is always going to be ideas that get manifested into the game that people don't like. Take memories, people wanted memories...we got them...and there are a lot of people who are complaining, and demanding, that EA not only fix it, but fix it to the point that it is a exact replica of the memory system in Sims 2. No matter what EA does with our ideas, they can't please everyone.

My thought, why would people demand that it be a real baby? We had a parenting class in my HS, and, although I didn't take the class, for a week you got a baby doll that responded like an infant. It's not like the school was going to give us a real baby to take care of when we didn't know what we were doing.

I personally think it's a good idea, but I understand it would be a doll--and I would be fine with it being a doll. Those who don't like the idea of the baby being a "doll" and not a "real baby"..well, whatever.

Do I think you should post your idea on the forums? That's up to you. You got one response . So you have to ask yourself...are you satisfied with her response, or do you want to see what the majority would say/think?
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MadameChung Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:12 pm

I do know one other simmer (besides you guys) that agrees with the idea. Someone (besides fluttereyes) who I disagreed with at times Christine400. But I would like more opinions about it. And to answer your question Brunette its because *those* people want the taboo subject to be added to the game.
MadameChung
MadameChung
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

Post by MadameChung Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:28 pm

I posted the thread. So 5 people agree with it (you two, two people on the officals and one person else where who plays sims)
MadameChung
MadameChung
Charismatic
Charismatic

Back to top Go down

Post by brunettesimgirl Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:48 pm

MadameChung wrote:I do know one other simmer (besides you guys) that agrees with the idea. Someone (besides fluttereyes) who I disagreed with at times Christine400. But I would like more opinions about it. And to answer your question Brunette its because *those* people want the taboo subject to be added to the game.

Oh...lol...I knew that. I wasn't looking for an answer, it was a rhetorical question. Razz
brunettesimgirl
brunettesimgirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down